Things to do in Harrison, NJ
Element Harrison-Newark's convenient location makes getting to all the best things to do in Harrison, NJ easy and stress-free. Whether you're visiting for work or play, you'll find yourself close to leading business hubs, such as New York City, and major entertainment venues, like the Prudential Center arena, and local universities, like Rutgers University.
Our hotel near Newark Airport is only five miles away from EWR which makes traveling to the area very convenient. Once you're here, Element Harrison-Newark is steps from the PATH train which can take you to select locations in New Jersey, as well as, areas within Manhattan
- Afro-American Historical Society Museum
- Aljira A Center For Contemporary Art
- Bethany Baptist Church Farmers' Market
- Branch Brook Park
- Jersey City Museum
- Liberty Science Center
- New Jersey Historical Society
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Newark Downtown District Farmers Market
- Newark Penn Station
- Prudential Center
- Redbull Arena
- Roosevelt Park
- The Commons at Washington Park Farmers Market
- The Newark Museum
- Valley Mall Plaza
- West Hudson Park
How To Get Here
View our list of things to do in Harrison, NJ below and plan your trip to the area today.
Arts & Culture
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center, 1.6 mi. – Located in the heart of Newark, the NJPAC is one of the largest performing arts centers in the United States. Plan a visit and get inspired.
- Newark Symphony Hall, 2.1 mi. – Enjoy art and history at the same time by visiting the Newark Symphony Hall, New Jersey's oldest and largest showcase for the arts, education, and entertainment.
Entertainment / Recreation
- Red Bull Arena, .4 mi. – Into soccer? Then the Red Bull Arena is a must-see. Catch a New York Red Bull match during your stay at the $200 million arena.
- Prudential Center, 1.6 mi. – From music concerts to hockey games, this indoor arena has it all. Check out the Prudential Center schedule to plan a fun outing during your visit.
- MetLife/Giants Stadium, 7.8 mi. – Get in the game or rock out at your favorite artist’s concert - get yourself tickets at an event held at the MetLife Stadium, the home of the New York Giants and New York Jets.
- Yankee Stadium, 20 mi. – Calling all baseball fans. During your stay you'll be a mere 30 minutes away from Yankee Stadium - need we say more?
- Newark Penn Station, 3 min. via PATH – access local attractions quickly through the Newark Penn Station, located at Raymond Plaza.
- Roosevelt Park, .5 mi. – Get outdoors just minutes from the hotel by visiting Roosevelt Park.
- West Hudson Park, 1 mi. – enjoy a beautiful and relaxing evening at West Hudson Park, overlooking the water.
- Downtown Newark, 1.5 mi. - Downtown Newark has it all - from the Newark Symphony to the Prudential Center. Plan an outing to visit and you'll find plenty of things to do close to our Newark hotel.
- Branch Brook Park, 3.1 mi. – Relax and unwind at Branch Brook Park while enjoying nature.
- Statue of Liberty, 10 mi. – Located just 10 miles away, visiting the neoclassical sculpture, the Statue of Liberty is a must. Did you know that approximately 4 million people from all over the world visit the statue each year?
- Liberty Science Center, 12.5 mi. – If you're looking for something fun and educational for the whole family to enjoy, plan a trip to the Liberty Science Center. Here, children can visit and interact with different, fun exhibits
- Times Square, 13 mi. – Enjoy visiting one of the most monumental intersections in the world while staying away from the chaos of the city. Times Square, where you'll find the famous Toys "R" Us, Planet Hollywood, and the Theater District, can be accessed through the PATH railway.
- Jersey Shore, 45 mi. – Plan a fun day trip to The Shore and enjoy the many activities the area has to offer with endless things to do.
- The Newark Museum, 1.3 mi. – Newark's largest museum, located in Essex County, features beautiful collections of art from all over the world. It's an outing the whole family can enjoy.
- Aljira, A Center for Contemporary Art, 1.4 mi. – Looking for things to do in Harrison, NJ involving modern art? Visit Aljira, an art gallery downtown, and enjoy the not-for-profit visual art center's unique works.
- Jersey City Museum, 8.5 mi. – View 19th- and 20th-century works of art at what was once a post office in 1929. With over 20,000 items, this museum will keep you entertained.
- New Jersey Historical Society, 12 mi. – The society that was founded in 1845 by the intellectual and business leaders of New Jersey can still be found today. Visit the Historical Society's downtown, Georgian style building and take a look at the history they've preserved throughout the years.
- The Commons at Washington Park Farmers Market, 1.2 mi. – Located at Washington and James Street, The Commons at Washington Park Farmers Market is the ideal place to get fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Newark Downtown District Farmers Market, 1.7 mi. – Visit Military Park for their weekly Farmer's Market - from 11 am to 3 pm on Thursdays during growing seasons.
- Bethany Baptist Church Farmers' Market, 2.4 mi. – Located off West Market Street, the Bethany Baptist Church is the just the place to grab fresh produce.
- Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall, 7 mi. – Shop till you drop at New Jersey's largest outlet mall, located just 5 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Valley Mall Plaza, 11 mi. – Enjoy shopping in the newly constructed, 200,000 sq. ft. shopping mall, located in Irvington, NJ.